NaNoWriMo Day 6
Some comments thus far:
- I this story is darker than its predecessor in this series. I half-expected it to be so, however. 😉
- This morning I passed the 10k mark. I hope to make 12k by this evening.
- I wouldn’t be making the progress that I am without Chris Fox’s book 5,000 Words Per Hour. Actually, I probably woudn’t have participated this year had I not adopted this writing method. It has more than doubled my productivity thus far.
- I have procrastinated other things though—namely housework, and editing Prophecy Revealed. I need to get on that.
- Unlike previous attempts at nano I am not including filler, and am trying to actually write A GOOD STORY. That’s half the challenge after all. I Remember, Wishful Thinking turned out to be a Novella after I cut out all the filler I inserted during Nano (the only year I’d actually won). 😉
- NaNoWriMo helps me to take my writing seriously; keeping it top priority and it’s the first thing I do when I get up in the morning (after making coffee of course 😉 ).
- I plan to blaze ahead this week, so that Thanksgiving weekend I can award myself a “day off” when family is in town, etc.
For those of you who would like to buddy me or follow my progress my name on NaNoWriMo’s official site is Karen_Crumley. http://nanowrimo.org/participants/karen_crumley/