My writing & publishing goals for 2011 are:
- To break into the top 100 (finally) in either the fantasy or horror category (or both).
- To join the ranks of indie authors selling over 1,000 ebooks a month.
- To release three books this calendar year.
My resolutions for 2011, which I hope will help me achieve the aforementioned goals:
- I will stop procrastinating!
- I will meet my deadlines, including the quarterly deadline for Full Armor Magazine.
- I will not waste my time doing things that do not produce good results. IE, as Terri (my former LP manager) used to say I will stop “spinning my wheels” by continually doing things that don’t work for me.
- I will write a minimum 3,000 words per day. And, read a minimum 1 chapter (or 1 short story) per day. May be hard to do with the schedule of my “night job” but I’ll manage.
- I will not cease in good marketing and promotional efforts. This includes but is not limited to: Participation in #SampleSunday, posting on blogs and message boards, in short developing a strong web presence. Paid advertising. good monthly promotional campaigns. just to name a few…
- I will finish all of my current projects in a timely fashion, at least the ones that I deem “worth finishing” …the other stories can be reworked, and revised into something “publishable” at a later time…
These are just a few of the things that will help me get where I need to go.
Sure, everybody “breaks resolutions.” hahahaha! But I’ll do my best not to break mine 😉
I wish everyone luck, and prosperity with their own goals and resolutions in 2011!
Write and Publish with Pride,